In an era where health-conscious eating has become a cornerstone of modern dietary choices, innovative food products have emerged to cater to a growing demand for nutritious and versatile options. Costco cauliflower rice has swiftly become a dietary game-changer among these.
This unassuming yet remarkable product has transformed a humble cruciferous vegetable into a low-carb, gluten-free, and keto-friendly alternative to traditional rice, captivating the taste buds and imaginations of health enthusiasts and culinary aficionados. Read on as we delve into Costco cauliflower rice, exploring its availability, price, nutritional benefits, and culinary applications.
Whether you’re a seasoned cauliflower rice aficionado or just embarking on your health-conscious journey, prepare to be inspired by the endless possibilities this cruciferous marvel brings.
Does Costco Have Cauliflower Rice?
Yes! Costco sells a five-pound bag of Capri Foods Organic Riced Cauliflower. Each product contains five individual 16-ounce microwavable bags. You will find them in the large freezers with the other frozen vegetables. Each pack costs $4.99.
Costco Cauliflower Rice Price
Costco Organic Riced Cauliflower costs $4.99 for a five-pound bag. Each large pack contains five 16-ounce microwavable pouches.
This price breaks down to 99 cents per pound. A comparable product costs $2.66 per pound. That’s nearly 2.5 times as much, making Capri Foods Organic Riced Cauliflower a great buy.
Typically, prices for same-day shopping via Instacart are higher, but for this product, it’s cheaper online. The current online price is $3.47. Keep in mind that Instacart adds several types of service fees.
This price has not changed since June of 2023.
Costco Cauliflower Rice — How To Cook
Each large bag of Costco Cauliflower rice contains five smaller microwavable bags.
How to cook Costco Cauliflower Rice:
- Place one bag vent-side up in the microwave (Do not pierce the bag).
- Cook on high for 5-6 minutes. (NOTE: The manufacturer recommends 4-5 minutes but our cauliflower was still cold after that time so we added a minute).
- Let stand for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain any excess water.
- Season and serve.
The microwave is the manufacturer’s recommended method, but isn’t the only way to cook Costco cauliflower rice.
How to cook Costco Cauliflower Rice on the stovetop:
- Remove rice from the package.
- Place in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add a few tablespoons of water and heat until warm.
- Drain excess water.
- Season and serve.
Is Costco Cauliflower Rice Healthy? Costco Cauliflower Rice Nutrition
Cauliflower rice is a delicious low-carb and low-calorie alternative to traditional rice. It’s rich in nutrients and plant-based.
Costco Cauliflower Rice Nutrition Highlights
- Low in calories. A ¾ cup serving contains only 20 calories. The same serving of traditional white rice contains 154 calories.
- Low in fat. A small amount (0.11 g) of saturated fat per serving.
- It’s low-carb. Each serving has 4 grams of carbohydrates, 2 of which are from fiber. Traditional white rice has over 33 grams of carbs and .5 grams of fiber.
- Each serving provides 2 grams of protein, slightly less than the 3g in white rice.
- High in vitamin C. One serving provides 45% of your daily value.
Costco Cauliflower Rice Calories
Costco Cauliflower rice is a low-calorie food. Each ¾ cup serving contains only 20 calories. This low number starkly contrasts white rice, where the same portion size has 154 calories.
Costco cauliflower rice is an excellent choice for those trying to lower their caloric intake.
Costco Cauliflower Rice Review
If you are looking for a low-carb alternative to rice or a healthy side dish, Costco Cauliflower Rice is worth a try. Just like cauliflower pizza, it doesn’t have a strong taste, and it takes on whatever flavors are around it.
If you haven’t tried cauliflower rice before, you can expect small pieces of the vegetable in a jagged shape. It’s not as tender as traditional rice. There’s a slight cauliflower flavor, but it isn’t earthy like the raw version or sweet like the roasted version. On it’s own it’s bland, so it really needs something to dress it up.
Costco Cauliflower Rice is an excellent healthy side dish. It’s ready in minutes, contains no additives, and is an easy low-carb swap for traditional rice. At less than $5 per bag, it’s a steal!
Costco Cauliflower Rice Recipes
As Hungry Girl suggests, you can easily use premade riced cauliflower in recipes that call for homemade. “For every cup of roughly chopped cauliflower called for in the recipe, use 3/4 cup of the premade rice or crumbles.”
Here are some excellent cauliflower rice recipes.
- Sheet Pan Jambalaya — This recipe from Taste of Home comes together in a snap thanks to the Costco Cauliflower rice. While you are at the warehouse, pick up our pick for the best frozen shrimp to use. If you can’t find Andouille, kielbasa will work.
- Cauliflower Fried Rice — isn’t your standard fried rice recipe from Once Upon A Chef; it’s Thai-inspired. Use two pouches.
- Best Loaded Cauli Breakfast — Who says low-carb cauliflower rice is only for dinner? Try this breakfast casserole from Delish that’s cheesy and filling. We recommend using two bags of Costo Riced Cauliflower.
- Grilled Chicken with Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh — This Mediterranean diet-inspired dinner is flavorful and fresh. It’s also a reasonable option for a weeknight dinner.
- Cauliflower Rice Pilaf — This side dish goes well with pork, chicken, or salmon. It’s easy to prepare and versatile.
- Mashed Cauliflower Rice — Sick of rice? Transform Costco Cauliflower Rice into a keto-friendly and delicious side. Make the rice as directed and then place it in a food processor, adding your favorite mashed potato additions (Butter, sour cream, you name it!).
- Southwest Style Cauliflower Rice — Top with taco seasoning and add ro-tel tomatoes for a delicious side dish.
Pin this for later.