If you’re a Costco shopper looking to elevate your seafood game, then get ready to indulge in culinary delight with Costco panko shrimp. Renowned for its commitment to quality and value, Costco has again delivered a delicious offering that will please seafood enthusiasts and home cooks.
These delectable panko-coated shrimp are a testament to Costco’s dedication to providing exceptional products, offering an irresistible combination of crispy coating and tender, juicy shrimp. In this article, we will explore the allure of Costco panko shrimp, uncover its unique features, and share tips on how to make the most of this delectable treat. Get ready to dive into a seafood sensation that will leave your taste buds craving more, courtesy of Costco’s irresistible panko shrimp.
How Much Does Costco Panko Shrimp Cost
Costco sells a 2.5-pound box of Panko Shrimp for $19.99, about 50 cents per ounce. A local grocery store sells a comparable product for $1.15 per ounce. That’s more than double the price!
This price is current as of June 2023.
Is Costco Panko Shrimp Cooked?
No, Costco Panko Shirmp is NOT cooked. It’s essential to cook the shrimp from frozen and never defrost and reheat to ensure food safety. The package recommends cooking the product until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Where Does Costco Panko Shrimp Come From?
Costco Panko Crusted Shrimp is farm-raised in Ecuador. Shrimp farming in Ecuador is a multi-billion dollar industry. In 2021, the country was set to replace India as the world’s largest shrimp exporter by weight and volume.
Seafood Watch, a non-profit ratings program run by the world-renowned Monterrey Bay Aquarium, gives a “Good Alternative” recommendation for farmed shrimp from Ecuador. Overall, the numerical score for semi-intensively farmed white leg shrimp (Litopenaeus vannamei) in Ecuador is 4.02 out of 10, which is in the Yellow range. With one Red criterion (Chemicals), the final rank is Yellow and a “Good Alternative” recommendation. You can read more about their rating system on their website.
This information is current as of June 2023. Previously, Costco Panko Shrimp came from Thailand. We are still determining when the change was made and what prompted it.
Is Panko Fried Healthy — Costco Panko Shrimp Nutrition
Three pieces of Costco Panko Shrimp contain 200 calories, 11 grams of fat, 70 mg of cholesterol, 15 grams of carbohydrates, and 11 grams of protein. As for vitamins and minerals, a serving has 30 mg of calcium and 115 mg of potassium.
Costco Panko Shrimp Ingredients:
Shrimp, wheat flour, soybean oil, contains 2% or less of each of the following: citric acid, dextrose, dried garlic, leavening (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate), methylcellulose, modified corn starch, dried onion, paprika extract, rice starch, salt, soy flour, sugar, tapioca starch, dried whey, xanthan gum, dried yeast, yellow corn flour.
How Do You Cook Costco Panko Shrimp?
The company recommends baking Costco Panko Shrimp in a standard oven. Here’s how:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the shrimp on a large baking sheet in a single layer with space between each piece.
- Bake for 16 minutes, flipping the shrimp halfway.
- Let stand for two minutes, then place on a paper towel-lined plate.
How To Air Fry Panko Shrimp From Costco
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Spray the basket with cooking spray and lay the shrimp in a single layer.
- Fry for 15 minutes or until the desired doneness.
An Honest Costco Panko Shrimp Review — Is Panko Shrimp From Costco Any Good?
Yes! Costco Panko Shrimp is delicious! It has an excellent crunchy coating and tastes natural. It doesn’t need spice flavor. The shrimp tastes great and has a good texture.
These make an excellent appetizer with one of our suggested dipping sauces or add some grains and veggies and make it a meal. I can see a grain bowl with panko shrimp, cucumbers, and edamame with a spicy mayo sauce.
Dipping Sauces For Costco Panko Shrimp
- Sweet Chili Sauce — You can make this from scratch, but the store-bought ones are just as good.
- Spicy Mayo — Mix mayonnaise with sriracha to make the easiest spicy mayo, sure to please.
- Garlic Aioli — Don’t let the name fool you; this sauce is just mayonnaise mixed with garlic and lemon juice.
- Bang Bang Sauce — Sweet and spicy, this Bang Bang Sauce is based on the version from the popular restaurant Bonefish Grill.
- Buffalo Sauce — It’s not traditional, but spicy buffalo sauce accompanies Costco Panko Shrimp. Mix one cup of melted butter with one and ⅓ cup of hot sauce and simmer until thickened.
- BBQ Sauce — The warehouse Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce for a great price. The salty-sweet flavor works well with the panko.
- Tartar Sauce is the perfect match for shrimp, especially panko crusted.
- Cocktail Sauce — Just because there is a cocktail in the name doesn’t mean it’s only good with Shrimp Cocktail.
- Gochujang — You are missing out if you aren’t familiar with this Korean chili paste. It’s a little smoky and the perfect amount of spicy.
What To Serve With Costco Panko Shrimp
Costco Panko Shrimp is pretty versatile. Each package has approximately 39 pieces of shrimp. Here are some excellent ways to use it all up.
- Serve as an appetizer with one of our suggested dips below.
- Steamed Vegetables
- Cauliflower Rice
- Make a rice bowl